- What is Musicalias, how does it work?
- Do you listen to all the material published on this site?
- Do you list only the music that you like?
- Who is behind Musicalias?
Artists and labels' matters
- Is it complicated or long to manage contents on this website?
- What are your qualifying criteria?
- Don't you intend to sell individual tracks along with album downloads?
- In case of an online distribution would I have to give away part of my rights to you?
- What is the process for the shipment of physical products?
1. What is Musicalias, how does it work?
This page should give you some answers. ;)
2. Do you listen to all the material published on this site?
As much as we can because it's part of our editorial responsibility! Otherwise we trust our professional partners (labels, editors...) to make sensible choices.
3. Do you list only the music that you like?
No. We have enough experience to put our personal tastes aside for everyone's sake : the artists' the public's and Musicalias'. Our interest first goes to works that are unusual, that mix several influences... But it can just be a new style, very accurate and out of the ordinary! Did you get it our criteria is artistic therefore subjective. ;)
4. Who is behind Musicalias?
Dineji SARL, an interactive comunications company based in Paris, France. Art direction and webdesign by: Laurent Chomette (Radio skin, main menu v1 and promotional elements by Rémi Sabban). More info on: dineji.com (French language).
Please note that Musicalias exists exclusively thanks to its creators' personal funds. We are therefore independent of outside investors and corporate finance. Hence, we will not announce major innovations or vast advertising campaigns as we are to work on (what we think should be) the basics of a (new, 2.0, you name it) cultural corner shop.
Artists and labels' matters
1. Is it complicated or long to manage contents on this website?
No it's very easy but if you do have any difficulties please contact we'll do our best in finding a solution. Being on musicalias.com gives you a comprehensive communicating tool and therefore it is important to take your time.
2. What are your qualifying criteria?
We partially answered this in General matters #3. More precisely we privilege rock jazz metal songwriting electro... The quality of the carrier is important: it must have a correct sound, a booklet and/or packaging properly printed, the legal and copyright mentions and has to be readable on all standard players. The UPC barcode is not required.
4. Don't you intend to sell individual tracks along with album downloads?
Maybe yes but this is not our priority as of today.
5. In case of an online distribution would I have to give away part of my rights to you?
Not if you don't want to and surely not without an agreement duly formalized between us. Your recordings will never be made available without your written authorization beforehand.
6. What is the process for the shipment of physical products?
You freely choose the means of transportation (with or without tracking/insurance...) however you must comply with the following:
prepare packages carefully as explained in the Merchant's Guide
respect shipping delays mentioned in this page: pricing, shipping, privacy
be responsible for deliveries to Buyers
Please note: your price must include shipping costs!