Artists and labels, Musicalias has for vocation to help you value and monetize creative projects towards music-lovers, audiophiles, fans … on a long-term basis.
This website was conceived so as to enable you to:
1- emphasize your specificities
- the shop provides you with a dedicated page for each label, artist and work that contain detailed information and is accessible by various criteria beyond the musical labeling
- on the forum along with special categories for labels and artists, you can announce gigs in your own calendar (RSS enabled) and easily create full-featured blogs and picture galleries
- we may also create a special extension for you with: only your products, a URL such as mylabel.musicalias.com and custom brand design also applied to your sections on the forum.
2- let ‘autonomy’ be the rule of thumb
- you can manage your shop pages* as well as your community (animation, moderation, polls...) on the forum
- you freely set up the retail prices, send orders and invoices for which we receive payments from the Buyers.
3- build tailor made offers, in an environment where standard musical products have a decreasing perceived value
Based on access to private forums and downloadable material, these offers can be presented as:
- exclusive complements to a album
- advance orders for new recording or live event projects
- access to online fan clubs
A few principles:
- participation is free, easy and without a tie
- Musicalias keeps a 15% commission on each product sold**
- creative works are listed upon artistic criteria not upon their selling potential - turnover, quantity...
- if artists and labels lack time, they may let ‘editors’ such as writers, critics and bloggers manage their contents on their behalf. Editors receive either fixed amounts or commissions.
How to receive monies:
- through your personal account you can consult completed orders and sales history
- within the first five business days of each month Musicalias pays the sales of the previous month (minus our commissions) via bank transfer or Paypal (your choice)
- a minimum amount is required for monthly payments: 50 euros with a bank account, 30 euros with a Paypal account; a semi-annual regularisation is done whatever the amount.
If you are interested in getting involved or have any question -not answered here- on how things work, please contact us.
More details in this slideshow, including our take on the evolution of the music business...
*subject to verification by Musicalias.
**maximum commissions, to be determined on an individual basis for advance orders, according to the characteristics of each project.